The original name of our church was First Spiritual Science of the Soul Church, founded in 1927 by Mary Tower, who joyfully carried out her duties as Pastor until she was well into her eighties. Upon her retirement in 1942, Mary Tower requested that Mary B. Crisp (nee Tice) assume leadership of the church and act as President for Life. In recognition of Mary Tower's lifelong dedication to Spiritualism, the church was renamed and is known today as Tower Memorial Spiritualist Church.
Our church sanctuary is a warm, welcoming space for all who come to sit in its midst. You can feel the presence of all the incredible mediums, healers, ministers and teachers who have served the platform throughout the decades.
Mary Tower and her husband mortgaged their home to purchase our first church building in downtown Seattle.
It was located at 916 East James Street. The purchase price of
$1000 bought the Towers a vacant 1904-era church
building in need of furniture and repair. With hard work,
Mr. Tower’s skill as a carpenter, and donations from family,
The First Spiritual Science of the Soul Church opened its
doors in June 1927 under charter number 18 issued by the
National Spiritualist Association of Churches.